Summer, which technically just began 3 days ago, has been fun so far. So, here's kind of the scoop of what we've been up to this month.
Jess had standardized testing to finish off the school year. She did quite well, but not as good as she thought she did. I asked her how the test went and her response was, "Mom, I got them all right!"
Jac and Jess finished out the softball season, and it was a great season! The team played really well all season. Most of the players will be back in this age bracket, and so everyone's hoping to have the same group together again next season, with Jac as coach again.
We celebrated our 9th anniversary. Jac even surprised me with taking me to pick out jewelry. I picked out little white gold hoops with dangling diamonds. I really like them. I must say I have been very blessed to be married to such a great guy who loves the Lord and takes such good care of us.

We spent four days at the beach in Lincoln City at Inn at Spanish Head. It was fun and relaxing, with lots of laying out in the sun on the beach and at the pool, swimming, playing in the sand and waves, a visit to the cheese factory, shopping, and games and movies in our room at night.
The kids and I have been playing a lot, with lots of outings and playdates with friends: days at the zoo, parks, fountain, library shows, picnics, bike rides, and playing in the sprinklers at home.
Jessica and Andrew are really into the library's summer reading program. Andrew is reading his big "Dick and Jane" book and Jessica is reading her Pony Pals and Little House books for at least 20 minutes a day--yes, they set the timer. It has been fun to see them self-motivated to read to themselves. In fact, the past several months, I'd say that has been Jessica's favorite activity. She is always reading. Jessica and Madison formed a special book club together, where they email each other, have a secret password, write and make books, and read books. It is very cute!
Jac took Jess to the Father/Daughter Banquet at our church where they exchanged letters and gifts to one another and played beach games, watched movie clips, and even did a little dancing. How cute is that?
We had a BBQ with family on Father's Day.
Dawnelle and I have been planning for next year's homeschool group, and are taking over leadership of the co-op--her as Director, and I as Program Coordinator. This has been exciting and challenging, but we're hopeful and prayerful that it will be a great year with reorganization and growth of the program.
I've been to a couple scrapbooking nights this month with friends, including last night where we stayed up until 4 am.
We also roasted hot dogs and smores with friends next door at their house, and had a great time.
We're picking our raspberries now, and made jam today. We put in a new garage door that Jac painted today.
Today J & A were arguing after dinner. Apparently, the words turned into physical agression, because I overheard these serious words: "Andrew, you shouldn't have slapped me because there's church tomorrow. I'd rather you slap me on Mondays." Never a dull moment...
This coming week, the kids start their sports camps at the park 3 hours every morning. Jess is in Coach Nick's basketball camp for the 2nd year, and Andrew is also again doing the multi-sport Skyhawks camp. There is a VBS at a nearby church in the evenings that they want to go to. We'll probably do that, too, since they (even Jess some days) take naps. We also have a 4-H fair meeting this week. All sorts of fun...
3 comments:
tagged you for a meme...
And I LOVE that picture of you and Jim! When was that?
That pic was actually from the fourth of July trip we took with you guys the year we were married. You or Jason took the picture!
Thanks for the tag! Yea!
Oh, my goodness! I would have never remembered that (as usual). It's so cute. :)
Post a Comment