Here's an (old, forgotten) idea for a simple sweet treat our kids enjoyed making together today after our Sunday lunch. I was putting away a big bag of pretzels I bought for the kids' school lunches, when I noticed the package of almond bark in the pantry for making Christmas candy that I never got around to during the holidays. So, I got the idea for making these pretzels with sprinkles for a colorful, spring treat.
1. Melt 1/2 a package of almond bark (six squares) in the microwave in a deep, glass dish for 1-2 minutes on high, stopping to stir after a minute and every 20 seconds until candy is melted and smooth. Be careful not to overheat.
2. Dip pretzels into melted candy and lay onto parchment paper, immediately
3. drop a pinch of sprinkles onto the melted candy half of pretzel, then, allow to cool and harden (about 5 minutes).
4. Repeat process, continuing to dip pretzels quickly while candy is warm and melted. If candy starts to clump up, melt again in the microwave a few seconds and restir.
NOTE: I told my kids if they came to a broken pretzel, they got to dip and eat it (insert excitement & cheering here).
When all candy is cool and hardened, kids can peel and drop finished pretzels into a big jar with a colorful bow that sits proudly on the kitchen counter to be admired by little eyes. If the kids admire them enough, they might even last to make it into lunch boxes tomorrow morning! We will see.

2 comments:
Cute idea!
Totally going to do this tomorrow with blue food coloring. Thanks for the incredible idea. I was looking for just the thing to do with the kids.
Post a Comment