The following was written by a new blog friend, Kelly, Paradise Found, and is shared with permission. Her words are a beautiful reminder of the breadth of God's love for us and to keep our focus on His truth amidst the ups and downs of everyday life. The Scripture she uses, I first came across this morning on another friend's blog description, Lindsay,The Button Fam, and so I have had the worship song "Mighty to Save" in my head all day. I added a music playlist to my blog in the sidebar, so you can check out the song and worship with me.
These are the things I can expect on any given day:
1. I will feel tired when I wake up
2. My husband and little man Matthew will make me coffee.
3. My kids will fight.
4. Not everyone will meet my expectations.
5. I will not accomplish all I feel I need to during the day.
6. I will feel love and frustration for my dear children.
7. I will feel angry at myself for the way I let my flesh respond to my kids sometimes.
8. I will worry about finances.
9. I will have laundry to fold.
10. There will be mess and mess and mess to clean up.
This is the truth I can hang my hat on:
"The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 3:17
God is with me! He is strong and mighty! He takes delight in me! He quiets the chaos in my head with his love! He rejoices over me and sings over me! What will be my focus today? The expectations or the truth?
8 comments:
Very nice, Tami! Oh, and I love your new music bar :-)!
I'm so sorry...I thought you had Sitemeter (it's a blog visit tracker that gives info about where people are, how long they visit your blog, etc). I thought I had seen it on your blog, but I must have been thinking about your blog counter. Silly me! I assume that no one would take that great an interest in a homeschooling mama (me) in small city oregon but you never know, right. I've seen Oprah. :-)
What a great blog you have! I stumbled upon your blog and just had to say thanks for all the great home school resources you have recommended.
Thanks, Dawn! I feel like there is so much more to share--like I haven't really even touched the surface--I am working on a real Homeschool Open House with more details and photos of a normal week of homeschool at our house--our organization, methods, curriculum, etc.
Kelly--I will check into getting a sitemeter! Was there really an Oprah about blogging--I didn't see it, but I can imagine.
Ok, so a question for you--what did I do wrong that made my music just partial song clips instead of loading the whole song? I'm going to have to re-do that.
Thanks for letting me share your writing!
Hmmm...I'm not sure what happened with your music. I just assumed that whatever song you add to your playlist would load the entire song.??? It's a mystery. I'd do it again.
You can click on my sitemeter logo on my sidebar and go to the website and set up your own. It's simple!
Oprah has done so many shows about pedophiles and weirdos that I just think of her when I think of people who could actually find any one of us and become far too interested :-)! I've had people visit my blog who have searched for things on google like "the girls." I had a post about me and two of my girlfriends that I adore with that title (or something close to that) and didn't even think of the implications. I only know about it from having sitemeter. Anyway, I'm sure nothing bad would happen but you never know!
Truth I can hang my hat on - that is great. Really speaks to you.
Thanks for sharing
Robin of mytwoblessings
Thanks, Robin!
Post a Comment