
- Pumpkin: A Super Food for All 12 Months of the Year, by DeeDee Stovel cookbook: I picked this up last year, and I love it. I alternate butternut squash (also abundant from our garden) for pumpkin in recipes, as well.
- Pumpkin seeds (Pepitas)—add to salads, smoothies, baked goods, such as homemade granola/breakfast/Trek bar recipes, or trail mix snacks.
- Pumpkin smoothies
- Pumpkin quesadillas—Grated raw pumpkin cooked in tortillas with caramelized onion, black beans, chicken & white cheddar
- Pumpkin, baked or sauteed—with fresh herbs (sage, rosemary, thyme & parsley) for a savory dish and/or spices (cinnamon, ginger, allspice, nutmeg, and clove) and streusel topping (brown sugar, butter, flour, pecans, and orange juice/zest, dried cranberries, optional) for a sweet dish.
- Pumpkin Spice lattes and tea
- Pumpkin bars w/ cream cheese frosting
- Pumpkin Ice Cream—Dairy Queen or Dreyers
9. Pumpkin Scones
10. Pumpkin Butter—Trader Joes—(to have with the scones)
11. Pumpkin Souffles (I've never made a souffle, but I think it sounds fun to try)
12. Pumpkin Soup
13. Lancaster Pumpkin Pie—by Willamette Valley Fruit Co.—light, airy, creamy—in select grocer’s frozen desserts section during the holiday season.

8 comments:
Yummy! Those pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting sound delicious! Very good, seasonal TT!
drooling now!!!!! great tt!
What a great list! I actually bookmarked this page so I can come back to it. What a lovely blog you have...I enjoyed my visit.
That TJ's pumpkin butter is mmm, mmm good! And, I love just about anything with cream cheese frosting! Yum.
This is all very, VERY interesting. Right now, I am intrigued with the idea of the pumpkin qeusadillas. This is definitely being bookmarked and Stumbled. :-)
I love pumpkin!!
What a great TT. Loved all those pumpkin entries...
http://happywonderer.wordpress.com/2007/10/10/thursday-thirteen-4-photos-of-crosses/
Thanks, for visiting and commenting everyone! I will get around to visit your sites, as well. Thanks, Cindy!
It is fun to savor the season through one of its hallmark flavors! I (obviously) love pumpkin, too, Betsy!
Anna, I love anything with cream cheese period!
Ok, t.b.b.--I don't get "Stumbled"--is that good?
Post a Comment