Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Get Out On the Right Side

It is so important how we begin each day. I cannot overestimate this. Getting up early, while the house is still quiet, to give the first part of each day to God is the best thing I can do to live a beautiful life. When I spend time with Him in prayer and His Word, my days are: smoother, filled with greater joy, marked by a better ability to cope with difficulties, calm in the midst of the storm, peaceful. The more I do this, the more I rely on Him and not myself. Things get done, my attitude is right, and I am able to be a greater example to my family. I am continually working on consistency in this; disciplining myself to keep to a healthy routine and create rituals in my life that foster the best life I can lead.
I think we sometimes put too little thought into the day-to-day decisions we are making, when in reality God has a plan even in the little things. Little things add up, and can create habits we do not want. But, even a seemingly small thing, like what time I set the alarm clock for (and how many times I change it), affects my ability to make the best choices, if it leads to me putting off seeking His wisdom for the day. Take time to listen to what He wants to tell you, focus your mind on Him, then let Him lead you through the day.

No comments: