I went shopping today, as I've done for the past several years, but for the first time I decided to head out early to a store for their opening. So, I left home at 11:47 and made it to Target just as it was opening at midnight. There was a huge line that wrapped around the store, parking lot, and
back to Costco, but I got into line with someone I knew towards the
middle and made it in in about 15 minutes. I was in the electronics line from the time I entered at about 12:15 until 2:15. It was not a pleasant experience, but 2 hours later, I emerged victorious in obtaining my good deal. I went home and slipped into bed without anyone even knowing I had left, as it was a very last minute decision to got to the midnight opening.
I woke up just over 4 hours later, and headed out again. I went to Fred Meyer at 7 and found everything I was after there. Grabbed Starbucks, did Old Navy, Michael's and then stopped back at Chipotle for the BOGO deal where I used (2) vouchers earned at Old Navy. I brought home 4
HUGE burritos for $11 that fed the whole family for lunch and then some. It was SO good. When I got home, Jim and the kids were out raking leaves in the sunshine--an annual tradition I've pulled the camera out for each fall. Those photos I'll post next!I don't like the crazy Black Friday shopper persona, and don't consider myself as such. I do hate crowds. I stayed local and didn't do many stores. But, I do continue to go out and shop because after several years of doing it, I have found that using this 1/2 day to get some gifts purchased gives me a jump on the holiday. I used to do it because it was one day I had Jim home to watch the kids and could get out. Now my kids are older and all in school, so I have time to shop while they are at school. I will say I did not run into anyone who was grumpy or rude, and I'd like to think this is because I stayed in Wilsonville and Tualatin. There seemed to be an atmosphere of joy and excitement in the crowds I encountered. We have a community in the Christmas spirit, I guess!





1 comment:
Haha- your old reason for going Black Friday shopping is my current reason: I get some time away from the kids :)
Post a Comment