Friday, November 25, 2011

raking leaves

 
 




 


Jim and the kids go out together to rake leaves each fall on a dry day after most of the leaves have fallen. It is a tradition, and I bring out the camera and photograph them each year. I also bring them hot chocolate, but this day it was sunny and in the fifties so we skipped the cocoa treat. The kids helped pile the leaves, jumped in them, climbed trees, went out in the field to pet the cows, and played with the dog. This year they each wanted a 'good' picture taken with the {uncooperative, ball of energy} dog who wouldn't hold still. It took several attempts, but here is what we came up with.

Jim also put up the Christmas lights. He worked outside way past dark. I noticed him hobbling around when he came in, so I know he worked hard and exerted muscles he doesn't usually use to such an extent.

Catie played in her 'science lab/kitchen' and decorated the house with fir boughs for Christmas, which Jessica and Andrew thought was so funny. She had all the windows in the back of the house stuck with fir boughs, and she even had them sticking out of the mailbox. Jim removed all the boughs by the time the mail came, and from the windows at the end of the day, but it was a cute attempt at getting ready for the Christmas season by our youngest.





1 comment:

Mindi said...

Those window boughs crack me up!