Here is the site description from New Harvest Homestead , an email newsletter. This purpose statement supports what I value based on how I was raised, my parents were raised, and on down the line. There is more to the country life than one might think.
"The word "homestead" tends to evoke an image of pioneers living off of the land. However, we have come to embrace the literal meaning of the word which, simply put, means to be "steadfast at home". We want to encourage and assist Christians in rediscovering the practical skills and home arts which were once commonplace in our culture, but have been all but lost to the last couple of generations. We especially want to encourage women who want to give the majority of their time and energy to their families and homes, in contrast to a culture where women are constantly on the go. The rewards of the homestead or home-centered lifestyle are manifold. Life becomes quieter and less complicated. There is a great joy and satisfaction in working with our own two hands to provide for our family's needs. Most importantly, the more we interact with God's creation, the better we get to know the Creator Himself."
"But we urge you, brethren, to excel still more, and to make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands, just as we commanded you; so that you may behave properly toward outsiders and not be in any need."
1 Thessalonians 4:10-12
Monday, April 16, 2007
Steadfast at Home
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I found your blog!! I love it. I will visit often. You inspire me to do more with my own!
Enjoy your day today!!
Neat post, Tami. :)
Yea, Shana! So glad you found it! Yes, keep visiting...you have a good day, too.
Post a Comment