Tuesday, April 24, 2007

"Tackle It Tuesday" #3


Tackle It Tuesday Meme

I was over at Mom's all day, visiting with the kids, so all I had time to 'tackle' when I got home was dinner--which went over well. I did 'tackle' teaching my mother how to log onto the computer and get to my blog--hopefully, she will remember. This new technology stuff makes her a bit nervous (in this way, she makes herself seem more old-fashioned than she really is--she's only 51!)--plus, she's so practical about homemaking and working with her hands to accomplish big things, that being on the computer seems like just a waste of time. Well, I'd have to say she's right,...it really is...it can be...yes, sometimes...she's always adding a healthy dose of reality as the other voice of reason in my life (that's after Jac--in case you missed that post). Yet, I am still compiling my case for blogging, and will share it when it's complete. However, I do know that there will always be those individuals in my life whom I will not be able to convince.

Well, I guess if I am going to be 'wasting' my time at the computer, it would be more luxurious to have an organized/cute computer armoire to sit at. Here is what I have been putting off... First, I will pull all the stuff out, and purge/containerize, then, I want to make some fabric & ribbon bulletin boards on the doors to organize notes, calendar, etc. I think this will be more fun than 'real' housework, I've got to admit...and next week I will show how I have tackled this project.



MY ORGANIZING TIP OF THE WEEK:

Clutter your notebook, not your mind. If you think of things that need to get done, just write in on your to-do list. However, if you never check off items from the list, that can weigh on your mind just as heavy. So, make sure you are steadily chipping away at those projects. Enlist help from others if you need to. Those who really care about you are usually flattered and excited to be able to help--to them, your projects are more fun than their own. Trade off spending a morning helping at each others homes.



No comments: