Tuesday, April 3, 2007
Phew!
Well, it has been 10 days now, and Cate is still doing well with potty training. Phew! She has wetting accidents once in awhile, but not the other, and she quickly does her business whenever she sits down on the toilet--no messing around now. She does a big surprise face, where her little mounth makes a big 'O', and opens her eyes really wide whenever she hears a 'tinkle'... or 'plop', and then she smiles really big and acts very proud of herself. I tell you, it is the most fun one can have with bathroom business.
We drove to Bend over the weekend, so I took the potty chair in the car. We drove all the way there, stopped and ate lunch, then, finally, I remembered to take her potty--and she stayed dry that entire time--almost 4 hours!
Those of you who are not yet parents just don't get why this is worthy of being such a topic of discussion, but believe me when I tell you how great it feels to be successful at a feat such as this--and the first time you work at it with the child! It gets your hopes and dreams going--"my child is brilliant and so disciplined...at this rate, she'll be reading by 3, and reciting poetry ..." No, just kidding, but it does make a parent feel accomplished.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment