I've been tagged for a meme by Dawnelle. Here's the deal...
The rules: Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
11 facts/habits about myself (12 if I add that I have a habit of making my own rules!) :
1. I love coffee & chocolate...a lot.
2. I am slow to average speed at everything I do (I prefer precise & meticulous)--except for having babies. I had fast labors--4, 3, and 1 hour.
3. I love organization, however, I don't know that I am really good at it. I have perfectionist tendancies, but I'm able to relax and be sloppy, too. In the sixth grade I finally decided to try to let my desk get cluttered just so I would have something to organize during the clean-out-your-desk time. That certainly seems like a long, long time ago! I don't have the issue of no clutter to organize any longer, that is for sure.
4. Sometimes I stay up all night to get things done. I am a night person, who wishes she was a morning person. I love the days I get up really early when the house is quiet, do my devotions, workout, and have breakfast started when the kids wake up. This is what I strive for--what I want to become routine for me.
5. I love quiet and time to myself, yet when I go places, I love to be where the action is and don't mind crowds.
6. I love being at home. There are always so many things to do. It bothers me when people actually ask the question, "What do you do all day?', as if homemaking isn't valued. No wonder marriages/family suffer today.
7. I love writing, brainstorming, and making lists.
8. This may explain myself best, and why many of the above items contradict themselves: I have always scored pretty much in the middle of the four quadrants on all personality tests I've ever taken, which is why I have many interests, some conflicting , trouble focusing on just one project or activity at a time, and, as I have been told, the reason why I may occasionally feel "inner turmoil". One of the hardest things for me is when I have to choose between 2 or more places to be at once--especially on vacation or at social events where I want to explore/do active things and relax/sit and visit with people at the same time.
9. A few years ago, before I had Cate, I ran in a half marathon race and in two Hood to Coast relays, the final one while I was 6 weeks pregnant. I like playing sports a lot, and did basketball, softball, and some track in school. It is now so much fun to see my kids begin playing team sports and enjoying athletics.
10. I have never been to a drive-in theater or watched a Star Wars movie. That brings me to think about the few things I know I am not into that much--science fiction, music theory/instruments, foreign language, mathematics, fish & seafood, contemporary style, or the color teal.
11. I am the only one my husband ever kissed.
I tag Lindsay, Kelleigh, Mindi, Leigh Ann, and anyone else who wants to!
4 comments:
We are a lot alike Tami. I like to make lists, brainstorm and write - and I am a wanna-be morning person living in a night-owl's body!
I'll play along this week sometime, thanks. Oh, do I need to do 8 or 12? hee hee ;)
Thanks, Leigh Ann! And if you really are a lot like me, you will most certainly do more than 8! Ha!
I love #11.
And I actually laughed when I read the part about the color teal!
Fun post.
D, I love #11, too, believe me...and why did you laugh about teal...did I tell you about that before...Jac's car...?
Post a Comment