Thursday, July 19, 2007

Silly Sayings

Kids say the funniest things. Here are some I got a kick out of...

...while we were making Easter party plans, setting the table for a big family dinner, putting little egg cups and pastel decor out, in an excited tone Jess asks, "Can we bob for apples?"

...I was given an Easter Lily and said to Andrew, "I'm going to put my Lily in this pot." Andrew says with surprise, "You named it Lily?"

I was dressing Catherine in some new clothes. When I was done she looks down, then back at me, sticks out her little thumb and says, "Dude!" She obviously got this from her brother who often asks us if he looks like a 'dude'.

Just the other day, Cate stomps out of the family room mumbling words and I hear 'bed'. So I ask her, "Are you going to bed?" "Yeeess!", she answers. "Why?", I ask. "Cus'...'Ew...hitted...me!" she said sadly over-exaggerating the fact that Andrew had teasingly tapped her with his foot.
A little drama queen already. She calls Jessica, 'Essia' and Andrew is 'Ew'. She is now saying more complex sentences all the time , and takes breaths in between words to take time and make sure she says the words right. It is fun to hear.

But we are working on showing kindness and love to one another, which may be why Andrew said this the other day: "Mommy, all of a sudden, I'm just getting friendlier and friendlier--nicer and nicer! So, I don't know what's happening to me!"
After questioning him some, and discussing this topic, I have concluded that he was referring to the surprise he had over the loving feelings he was getting towards his family members in that moment. It was very sweet.

Actually, Jessica is the one I have always called our little 'drama queen'. She takes on various personalities depending on who she's been around, or what show she's been watching. (Yes, flags are going up...) It is cute sometimes, though. She is very often impersonating characters from Hannah Montana or Zack and Cody, and says their lines at appropriate moments. "Chill-ax", "Ay, Toots", "Boo-yah", "Sweet niblets", "Yea, me", "Feels gooood", etc. It keeps us amused. Now I've got her listening to classic books on tape, so we'll see what kind of influence that makes--she will be impersonating Anne of Green Gables--that ought to be good!

No comments: