Tuesday, April 3, 2007

"Menu Plan Monday" #1

There is a website, 5MinutesForMom, that gives witty quips to blogging topics for the days of the week. For example, Tuesdays are titled "Tackle It Tuesdays", and whoever visits can read blogs of other moms who have tackled a problem for their Tuesday and shared it as a way to stay inspired and motivated to get tough tasks done. They have other topic days, which I haven't explored so much yet, but this concept gave me the idea to come up with my own special topics for the different days of the week, and topic names with alliteration. So, I am working on that.

I am blogging into Tuesday, now, but I was thinking Mondays could be "Menu Plan Mondays" where I can share the menu ideas I'm planning for the week. Please share your favorite menu ideas with me, as well! So here goes...

M baked salmon, baked sweet potato fries, asparagus, strawberry- citrus pound cake trifle

T easy chicken pot pie, salad

W Thai-chicken pizzas on whole-wheat flatbread, fresh fruit salad

T leftovers night

F (Good Friday--Jac off work--special family breakfast and
coloring Easter eggs tradition)
streusseled coffee cake w/ blueberries, hard-boiled eggs, fruit

BBQ--burgers with white cheddar, avocado, and grilled onions,
baked beans, salad

Sa/Su--Family Easter celebrations--ham, scalloped potatoes, salads, deviled eggs, rolls, desserts, etc.


2 comments:

Mrs. Breum said...

Can I come eat at your house?

Anna said...

Okay, Dawnelle, that is EXACTLY what I was thinking.

Mmmm, mmmm! I can't believe you make a trifle for dessert when there isn't even company coming! I'm impressed.