
Well, here it is... Tuesday again!......I have finished with last Tuesday's challenge. Here are the before and after pics. I still need to spend time reorganizing the cupboards in this room (a lot of clutter there), but at least the clutter is gone from the floor. This is a step in the right direction...


So, the laundry room project got me going the rest of the week...well, along with company coming for Easter dinner...so I organized 4 junk drawers from the kitchen. (Yeah, you're thinking, "Who needs 4 junk drawers," right? Not me, anymore!) So, I emptied the contents of all 4 drawers into a huge plastic container (see pic), reorganized, and here is the result. There are 3 drawers shown, and the 4th is EMPTY~a beautiful thing~
Along with the junk drawers, I tackled the message center~
So, here are some of my next organizing goals~ areas that need attention next are: laundry room cupboards, the homeschool cupboard, the computer armoire, my craft station,...and ALL the bedrooms/closets upstairs...ugh.
MY ORGANIZING TIP OF THE WEEK:
This may go without saying, but...just get started. Energy and inspiration come from starting the dreaded projects.
First tackle a cluttered space by emptying it (use large containers and store them in the garage until you have time to purge further)
4 comments:
Good grief, you DID work hard didn't you!
WOW! That is impressive!
WOWZERS! Amazing. Tell me about your filing system thingy you have on your message center.
The filing system is just a basket holding designer file folders (from Target). I labeled the folders to keep all my important household paperwork on hand--my labels are: upcoming events, to do lists, calendar, kids activities, coupons/gift certificates, urgent (time sensitive), church, home improvement, homeschool ideas, home/craft ideas, menu plans, mail order catalogs,etc. This is not where I save things indefinitely, but, rather, where things go until I can look at it further, file it permenantly in a file cabinet, or throw it out. So, I have to go through these file folders monthly to make sure it is not becoming too cluttered. It has been working really well, and I don't lose imoortant things now because I am not trying to shove paper piles into cupboards, etc.
Jim does the bills, so the important mail, checkbook, letter opener, pens, envelopes, stamps, a calculator, and the bills--or anything I want him to look at (honey-do lists)-- go into a smaller, separate drawer. From there, we file bills in a file cabinet in the garage.
Post a Comment