Friday, September 7, 2007

Blogger Friend School Assignment #1: "Meme Style"


I began blogging this past March after reading the blogs of family/friends who were new bloggers. It looked fun, and I love to write, scrapbook, etc., so I was drawn to try it out and became hooked. Blogging has been a fun and inspiring incorporation of some of my favorite things. I try to blog several times each week. I am looking forward to the opportunity for routine again after a very busy summer. I should be blogging more regularly again soon.


A dream place I would blog if given the chance would be on top of a mountain in the Wallowas, which is a place I was at this summer during our vacation. I would like to be there by myself, sitting in the sunshine and quiet, and be able to forget about passing time, schedules, and things to do. I would love to have a whole day just to blog and read blogs.

As it is, I usually blog late at night when everyone else is in bed and the house is quiet, but sometimes I blog during breaks in the day. My favorite drinks are lightly sweetened ice tea, sparkling water and juices, and iced white mocha espresso. My favorite dessert is really rich chocolate cheesecake--I bought this cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory last Valentine's Day. I haven't had it since, but that doesn't mean I've forgotten about it.

I can't choose a favorite book, but I love books--I love just having books--just knowing a book is there to read even if I can't get to it. I never read just one book at a time--it is always several at once. I often start in the middle, or even at the end, of a book and skip around, but that is only after reading the front/back covers, inside flaps, preface, table of contents, credits, etc. I explore the book, get a feel for it, skim the contents, and then settle in eventually.

A scripture that has been an inspiration to me is James 3:13-18, which says, "Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show it by his good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes form wisdom. But if you harbor bitter envy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast about it or deny the truth. Such “wisdom” does not come down from heaven but is earthly, unspiritual, of the devil. For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice. But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness.”

7 comments:

Tracy said...

Love those verses. I enjoyed looking through your blog. I have posted with the School Days assignment and will look forward to reading your through the year. This year will be different for me because I have 2 at home and one in public school where my husband teaches/coaches. What does your husband coach?

Momma Roar said...

Let me join you on that mountain please!!!! :D

Adena (aka cre82learn) said...

I enjoyed visiting your blog. It is good to meet someone who reads like I do!! several at once and all over the place :) Cya around school.
Adena
www.friendshipalley.com
(I had to sign in with my old account but I have moved to the above)

Anonymous said...

I loved your dream blogging place; looks so peaceful. You have such a beautiful family. I look forward to getting to know you better through our Blogger Friend School.

By the way, I also have a blogger account, but record all of my homeschooling experiences at:
www.homeschoolblogger.com/angelswithapurpose

Blessings,
JEN

Mrs. Breum said...

"I bought this cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory last Valentine's Day. I haven't had it since, but that doesn't mean I've forgotten about it."

That actually made me giggle out loud! Good post, Tami.

Anonymous said...

I am the same way in my book reading too, I have 3 books going on right now.lol ahh the life of a Women. I really like the blog and your family photos are precious, looking forward to knowing you through BFS.

tumbleweeds

Beckaboo said...

Me, too! I just LOVE LOVE LOVE books, too! Anything, really. :o)

Great "meeting" you! I look forward to more classes with you.

Blessings, Beckie :o)