"Creativity is a God-given ability to take something ordinary and make it into something special. It is an openness to doing old things in new ways...The creative spirit is part of our heritage as children of the One who created all things. And nurturing our creativitiy is part of our responsibility as stewards of God's good gifts." Emilie Barnes, The Spirit of Loveliness, Harvest House, 1994_____________________________
The purpose of this assignment is to accept our surroundings as God gave them to us and creatively make them a special place to preserve those heartfelt memories.
"If they obey and serve Him, they shall spend their days in prosperity, and their years in pleasures." Job 36:11
The Assignment--
A. Look at your dream place to blog from last week and using your creativity, create a special place to blog. Most good writer's have a location that is a comfort to them and makes their writing time enjoyable and productive. Share some quick ideas you have for this.
B. Post a photo of your space.
C. Post a verse that has been on your heart this week.
"If they obey and serve Him, they shall spend their days in prosperity, and their years in pleasures." Job 36:11
The Assignment--
A. Look at your dream place to blog from last week and using your creativity, create a special place to blog. Most good writer's have a location that is a comfort to them and makes their writing time enjoyable and productive. Share some quick ideas you have for this.
B. Post a photo of your space.
C. Post a verse that has been on your heart this week.
____________________________
The Idea--
Well, I can't create a mountain top--only God can really 'create', after all! But, I can improve the space I blog in now, and, actually, it has been on my list to design/decorate the computer armoire to be more beautiful and functional. (This was a "Tackle It Tuesday" that I began some time ago, but never completed.) The design idea I have now is to add colors of chocolate and pinks (you know, to make it rich, warm and girly), since I love this look these days, and I can use them in a space like this that will be closed off.
The Plan--
I need to find fabric to cover the bulletin board material I have to attach to the inside of the two doors, paint the waste basket, magazine holder basket, and a few other acessories a rich, chocolate brown, decorate the pencil can with new paper and ribbons, maybe even decoupage the photo storage boxes I already have to match, as well as this one notebook I have been wanting to cover to be my new planning notebook. Then I need to pin up my calendar, photos, and inspirations/scripture, add my coffee cup, post-its, reference books, and weekly planner. I also need to compile my lists of websites and other computer info. I've jotted down that I refer to regularly in one notebook so that I have it at my fingertips. Oh, I just remembered the fabric-decorated mousepad that I saw in the "Mousy No More"--Good House Idea File article from the September 2007 Good Housekeeping magazine that was so cute--I'll have to do that, too.
The Result--(photo coming soon--please check back!)
Thoughts on Creating a Productive Writing Environment--
Aside from having a peaceful and aesthetically pleasing location to stimulate thinking and productivity when writing, the tip I want to share is what puts me in the my best writing mood mentally and physically. Good writing pieces come to me most often in times when my endorphins are elevated, such as during/following exercise, or after coming home from an uplifting social event. The words just seem to flow then, and are colorful and witty. It is even weird sometimes how the words just seem to spew out. It is like I can see them and feel them spinning around in my head and I just have to get them out. The puzzle is organized instantaneously as my fingers peck the words out from the keyboard. It is what I love to do.
The Inspiration--
Colossians 2:6,7--"So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in Him, rooted and built up in Him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness."


9 comments:
Good luck with it! I can't wait to see the results.
Sounds great! I have always wanted an armoire.
please let us know when your photo is ready...can't wait to see it finished!http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaBugs
I enjoyed your post, I will check in to see your after pic :-)
Great scripture!
I can't wait to see when you are finished! Love your ideas!
Blessings,
Looking forward to seeing the update shot of the beautification of the amoire. Have a wonderful day
Thanks for sharing your blog spot. I have found this assignment inspiring.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/momblog
Love the armoire! Great post and thank you for sharing your special insight and verse.
I'm trying to visit as many as I can :)
Hugs, Tamara
www.TrainingHearts.com
Post a Comment